Bookmark and Share

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Activate/Press your humanE button! (Volunteering Part I)


I'll change the world

One child/life at a time

I'll raise the banner

DO IT NOW!

We live to love

And love to live

Yet, unconcerned we stroll the streets

Window-shopping, mesmerized by things

We go to work and pay the bills

Raise kids in bulk and go on trips

We say we live, yet only breathe

We have enslaved the truth and exist

Under the tyranny of a world flooded by a material feast.


Oh, how is it that we don't see:

The least, the least is to help those in need!


Then one ordinary day...we realize our priorities are messed up, we're incomplete,

unsatisfied, unfit...we've simply forgotten what determines our "breed".


I press my button to release

The humanE spirit that lies beneath

To free the ME that wants to live

By making time to love the unreached.

Instead of luxury and empty wealth

of empty words, empty promises and perishing things

I'll indulge myselg in a life-long drill

To learn how to enRich one life at a time,

Not mechanically - drop a coin,

But investing time and effort to care and transform

Not by counting what I'll get

But by giving all that I have

Then, I believe that I'll be complete!


I'll leave the chair, comfort, bed,

I'll merge into the world where magic is made

I'll be the magician, I'll see/be the change!


***

Make time to love and none to hate

Make time to see and some to hear

Make time to help, give more than you think you can spare

Make time to count your blessings many

Make time to smile and be happy

Yet don't forget

Make time for others, make THEM happy!

Make time to make a difference big

One life at a TIME, one-person-focused-reach!


***

To love is simple, yet so grand

To live is simple, yet so profound

Don't ponder over simple truths

Just live the moments and love the world

Don't get discouraged from the system

Corrupt officials, scandals, people

See there, beyond the rising sun

it's your day, dear, grab it and run!


Press your humanE button. Make time to LOVE. Be a magician.

p.s. i'll make time for you my friend,thanks for inspiring me!

No comments: